VET at OAC
- Don’t have time for study due to work commitments?
- Can’t attend face to face classes at this time?
- Don’t want to be away from school one day a week to undertake a VET course?
- Need help to pursue a future career pathway?
Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses are nationally accredited qualifications. Completing a VET qualification provides increased opportunity for students to connect with industry and school, ensures the focus and content of training is relevant, and that skills are developed to industry standards.
VET qualifications allow students to receive dual accreditation. If you achieve the learning outcomes of a unit of competency or the full Certificate of Training, and are assessed to be competent, you will gain credit through a Registered Training Organisation (eg TAFE).
You will also gain credit towards your SACE requirements.
Students can earn 10 SACE credits for successfully completing 70 hours of VET. The SACE VET Recognition Register documents whether the SACE credits earned for a particular VET qualiﬁcation will be recognised at Stage 1 or Stage 2.
VET options in the SACE encourage students to complete, or make signiﬁcant progress towards completing, VET qualiﬁcations while completing the SACE.
Take control of your future! Study VET courses online with OAC.
For information about enrolling and the USI (Unique Student Identifier), please see our Curriculum Choice enrolment page.
OAC online courses allow you to:
- engage in a range of courses in Community Services, Media, Business and Education
- receive the training and skills that you require.
- engage in training delivered the way you need it and how you need it.
- gain recognition for skills you have attained outside of formal training
- receive your nationally recognised training from a team of highly experienced teachers.
- transition into employment
- use completed units toward SACE completion
Learn in an educational environment which is:
To take the first step in your future career contact Client Services for further information and an enrolment appointment.
TAFE VET Courses
OAC students can also enrol in a number of TAFE SA courses depending on their intended career pathway.
For more information on these courses refer to the TAFE website.